Since gaining CMI Centre Status in 2016, our programmes have gone from strength to strength.
As one of 600 CMI Approved Centres worldwide, our leadership development programmes have undergone a rigorous evaluation process to ensure they meet quality standards across a wide range of criteria.
CMI is recognised as being the only chartered professional body in the UK dedicated to providing the highest standards in management and leadership excellence. CMI is a well-respected Chartered Institute globally and developed the UK’s very first Degree Apprenticeship in Management. The organisation has remained at the forefront of management training for well over 60 years.
Our CMI Level 3 course in First Line Management focuses on developing management communication skills and improving team performance which are both key skills for those who have to line manage others. This programme has been really popular as businesses recognise the importance of these skills in engaging staff and driving productivity. As well as being ideal for line managers, it has proven beneficial for those who want to move into their first management role and also existing managers who have never had any formal management training. Click here for more information about the Level 3 programme.
Our CMI Level 5 course in Management and Leadership is aimed at those who are already in a management or leadership position. Participants who have attended this programme have gained knowledge and skills in understanding what it takes to be a great leader or manager and often how you have to be both. They have developed confidence in their roles and have gained skills in decision making and how to communicate those decisions effectively to be able to drive things forward. Click here for more information about the Level 5 programme.
CMI Level 3 Certificate in First Line Management – click here for more details of the programme
The CMI Level 3 Certificate in First Line Management gives managers the knowledge, skills and confidence to help improve operational efficiency and support their team to be the best they can be. On completion of the programme, as well as developing knowledge and skills, you will also have the prestige of having a qualification from the only chartered professional body in the field of management and leadership.
What will be covered?
The qualification is made up of two units which will give participants a broad understanding of how to improve team performance and develop their management communication skills. The course is practically based to complement the individual’s role within the workplace and the assessment is geared towards their role to maximise the value and transfer of learning.
Following successful completion of the programme you will -
- Understand the importance and principles of management communication
- Understand how to use methods of communication to achieve the management objectives
- Understand how to review the effectiveness of communication in the achievement of the management objectives
- Be able to identify issues which affect performance
- Know how to select and apply the best course of action to address a performance issue
- Be able to take action to resolve the performance issue of an individual
Price £1,300 +vat. This includes registration with CMI, all course materials, assignment support and marking, certificates and lunch.
CMI Level 5 Certificate in Management & Leadership – click here for more details of the programme
- Understand the links and differences between management and leadership
- Understand leadership principles that support organisational values
- Understand and apply leadership styles to achieve organisational objectives
- Be able to identify and select sources of data and information
- Be able to analyse and present information to support decision making
- Be able to communicate information that supports decision making
Price £1,500 +vat. This includes registration with CMI, coaching sessions, all course materials, assignment support and marking, certificates and lunch.
Our level 5 course is aimed at middle/senior managers or those aspiring to be.
To book this or to discuss in more detail, please contact Jane Hayes, Training Consultant on 0151 650 6940 or email JaneHayes@wirralchamber.co.uk.