The Wirral Visitor Economy Network (WVEN) celebrates its 10th anniversary in 2017.
Wirral Peninsula’s tourism sector is currently worth over £402 million, employs over 5,150 full-time equivalent jobs, and attracts over 8.5 million day and short break visitors each year. It has increased by over 39% since 2011, and employment within the sector has increased by 22%, and over 25% more visitors came to Wirral during the same period.
The WVEN was created to support & drive the borough’s visitor economy, and your annual membership fee directly contributes to the delivery of the new Wirral Visitor Economy Strategy 2017 - 2020, to help sustain & grow your business/organization, as well as the borough’s wider visitor economy.
The Wirral Plan for 2020, and the new Wirral Visitor Economy Strategy will drive the borough’s visitor economy to £450 million by 2020, and the WVEN vision hopes to increase the peninsula’s visitor economy even further to £550million by 2025. This can only be achieved by working with our partners including the WVEN, Wirral Metropolitan College, Wirral Council and those across the city region, to encourage more visitors to come & discover our award winning peninsula.
The WVEN membership benefits are;
- Access to a quality network of award-winning visitor economy professionals
- Invitations to attend the WVEN and other sector forums throughout the year including key presentations; and the receipt of agendas and circulations.
- Having your own bespoke web page on Wirral’s dedicated tourism website - www.visitwirral.com, which attracted almost 1 million page views in 2016. In addition, our Twitter account now has 11.5k followers. Your web page will carry related links to your individual website, social media, email address, and accommodation booking search engines where appropriate, plus relevant links on the category and offer pages.
- Included in social media when possible (e.g. re-tweets and links with partners including Marketing Liverpool, Marketing Cheshire and England’s Golf Coast).
- The opportunity to participate in 4 x seasonal e-newsletters, including offers to the VE database of 11,000 subscribers and the council database of 15,000.
- Entry in new guides for 2017/18 (as appropriate to your business/organization) for national and regional distribution, plus downloadable versions on www.visitwirral.com.
- Your business/organization name and website will have a free listing on the WVEN members’ page on http://www.visitwirral.com/information/wirral-visitor-economy-network.
- Regular supplies of Wirral tourism literature, and your offer being marketed throughout the north-west of England and beyond, as part of the distribution of the same.
- Included in the circulation of sector market research and intelligence.
- Invitations to participate in trade exhibitions.
- Invitations to participate in activities during the annual, LCR Visitor Economy Week.
- Invitations to grant opportunities and support with the same plus, updates on any other funding streams applicable to our sector.
- Included in the circulation of exclusive advertising opportunities throughout the year.
- Having a business/organization entry on the relevant category page of www.visitliverpool.com- Ranked #1 on Google for a huge variety of different keywords and phrases, this is an essential portal to the Visitor Economy.
Additional benefits include:
- Involved in hosting familiarization visits for national/regional partners, corporate business activity and WVEN members.
- Included in “Recommended of the Month” on www.visitwirral.com.
- Included as part of the delivery of national and regional press visits to Wirral.
- A dedicated Relationship Manager available to discuss your business needs through regular contact.
The Cost of this service is £275 plus VAT per Wirral tourism business or organization. £137.50 per additional establishment i.e. where there is more than one business under same ownership.
Business members outside of the borough of Wirral will be charged £550 per establishment.
New members who take out Chamber membership at the same time as joining the Wirral Visitor Economy Network will receive a 20% reduction off the WVEN fee. We are also now able to offer the opportunity to pay your fee in 6 instalments throughout the membership year.
if you would like to discuss membership, please contact Gemma here.