With significant projects such as Wirral Waters and the regeneration of Birkenhead either on the horizon or underway, it is paramount that local construction businesses have a forum to learn about various opportunities within the sector. In addition to these large-scale developments in our own borough, we are keen to ensure that the local supply chain is able to access the significant pipeline of investment and development opportunities that exist across the Liverpool City Region and indeed the whole UK.
Wirral Chamber of Commerce is working with this crucial sector, to keep members informed of local developments, providing a forum that will inform, educate, upskill, share best practice and raise awareness of the construction capabilities that we have in Wirral. The Wirral Chamber Construction Forum gives members a platform to raise, discuss and address any potential issues and barriers to growth within the sector.
Barry Roberts, Area Director of Morgan Sindall, one of the UK’s leading construction and regeneration companies, is the Forum Chair. Barry has a wealth of experience and connections within the construction industry. Morgan Sindall has a strong presence in Wirral, successfully delivering the new £8 million Wirral Met College Campus at Wirral Waters, is the preferred contractor for the £12million transformation of Ridgeway High School and is involved in a number of other school developments under the Priority School Building Programme (PSBP).
This group is designed for you, our members, so that we can collaborate more effectively and have a forum where we can discuss, debate and ensure our construction members have a stronger voice.
The aim of the forum is:
- To inform members of local supply chain opportunities such as Wirral Waters one of the UK’s largest regeneration projects.
- To ensure members have an active group to network and build meaningful business contacts with like-minded individuals in the sector.
- To update the construction sector on specific issues and work together to address potential barriers to growth.
- To ensure that members are well educated on specific supply chain requirements.
- Where appropriate, to educate businesses in the construction sector and ensure that members have the skills required to form part of a robust supply chain working with key partners such as Wirral Met College.
- To encourage a wider reach of opportunities for our members by working with other businesses and partners across Wirral and the Liverpool City Region.
- To discuss members ambitions for the future.
For more information or to join the forum, please contact Sara Davies: email@example.com 0151 650 6940.