Vigo IT Solutions is an IT support company based in the centre of Birkenhead in Wirral. Our company was founded in 2008 and has grown year on year to a team of 14 staff. Our services include network installations, telephony, website hosting, hardware sales, IT support and maintenance, and IT security, strategy and consultation, as well as a data and cyber security compliance and support service.
Over the years we have built an impressive client list, along with a high-class team and as a result we’ve got an enviable reputation for delivering quality support and excellent customer service, and for being a great local employer. Not only have we retained almost every one of our customers, we’ve also kept almost every one of our staff members – both are results that we’ve worked hard to achieve and that we are justifiably proud of.
Our increasing customer base means that we are now seeking a Technical Sales Co-ordinator who wants to join a company that knows its success is driven by its people and that genuinely cares about its staff and looks after them. All of our staff are valued, their opinions matter to us, and in turn, they all promote our growth.
You do not need a technical background as we will teach you everything you need to know, but an interest in our industry is vital. More important than a technical background is an ability to co-ordinate across different functional areas of the business and ‘see the bigger picture’ for our customers.
We will encourage you to think for yourself, develop your skills, contribute fully and enjoy your work and our shared success. Come join us!
Purpose of the Role
Reporting to the Technical Sales Manager, this is a key role for Vigo and has a variety of responsibilities for you to bring your expertise to, as well as challenges to develop your skills through. The main responsibilities will be to explore and troubleshoot customer issues with the utmost professionalism and courtesy. You’ll work with other members of the technical sales and finance operations as well as collaborating with service desk and project functional areas.
You’ve probably already guessed, but we need a strong communicator who is passionate about delivering a top-class service to our customers and who can deal with people from all backgrounds, industry sectors and organisational levels, from Managing Director to Junior Administration.
Duties and Responsibilities
Duties will include but are not limited to:
- Taking inbound sales calls and responding to sales queries on the phone or by emails
- Making outbound calls and dealing with emails in response to customer queries, issues or similar
- Processing ad hoc and contract billing and invoices as requested
- Creating basic quotes and processing customer approved quotes
- Customer satisfaction and feedback gathering
- Management system champion (training will be given) and quality support activities
- Report creation and updates for management meetings
- Service efficiency reviews
- Assisting with admin duties (e.g. meeting notes, printing delegate packs, collating recruitment documentation)
- Any other duties as commensurate with the job role and as required by the company
Skills and Experience – Essential
- A self-starter who can use their own initiative
- Previous customer service experience, including responding to customer questions, handling and solving complaints, processing transactions and escalating issues
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytic, problem solving and research skills
- Ability to use Word and Excel to a competent level
- Ability to learn about and explain Vigo’s services and products
Skills and Experience – Desirable
- Experience of Autotask/Datto
- Experience of Kashflow
- Knowledge of ISO 9001
- Experience in social media marketing
- You’ll be based at our HQ in Birkenhead
- You can choose the hours you want to work, from 30 to 37.5 – we’ll chat to you about it!
- Salary is negotiable depending on experience but in line with industry rates or above
- 8% employer pension and private healthcare after qualifying period
Send in your C.V. and a supporting letter either electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to Recruitment, Vigo IT Solutions, The Lauries, 142 Claughton Road, Birkenhead, CH41 6EY by 5pm on Friday 17th January 2020. We reserve the right to close this vacancy early if we receive enough applications.
Once we’ve looked through the applications, we will inform you of the outcome of our shortlisting by email, whether you’ve got an interview or not – we won’t leave you sitting round wondering what’s happened to your application – you’ll know either way, because that’s the right thing to do, after you’ve taken the time and effort to apply.
Once all applicants have been informed, unsuccessful applications are only held for a period of 10 working days in order to permit feedback where requested, before being securely destroyed.
Thank you for your interest in working with Vigo IT