Vigo IT Solutions is an IT support company based in the centre of Birkenhead on the Wirral. Our company was founded in 2008 and has grown year on year to a team of 14 staff. Our services include network installations, telephony, website hosting, hardware sales, IT support and maintenance, and IT security, strategy and consultation, as well as a data and cyber security compliance and support service.
Over the years we have built an impressive client list, along with a high-class team and as a result we’ve got an enviable reputation for delivering quality support and excellent customer service, and for being a great local employer. Not only have we retained almost every one of our customers, we’ve also kept almost every one of our staff members – both are results that we’ve worked hard to achieve and that we are justifiably proud of.
Our increasing customer base means that we are now seeking a Service Desk Analyst who wants to join a company that knows its success is driven by its people and that genuinely cares about its staff and looks after them. All of our staff are valued, their opinions matter to us, and in turn, they all promote our growth.
We will encourage you to think for yourself, develop your skills, contribute fully and enjoy your work and our shared success. Come join us!
Purpose of the Role
The main purpose of this role is to provide excellent customer service to our client base while diagnosing their technical issues, resolving them or escalating to the next level of support.
Reporting to the IT Support Manager, you’ll be working on 1st line and perhaps 2nd line depending on your abilities and experience. This will involve dealing with client support requests via phone, emails and the Autotask RMM system. This is a key role for Vigo and has a variety of responsibilities for you to bring your expertise to, as well as challenges to develop your skills.
Duties and Responsibilities
Duties will include but are not limited to:
- Providing 1st line technical support on Windows based systems.
- Support of line of business applications e.g. Sage, Proclaim, Osprey, Act.
- Setting up new user accounts and mailboxes.
- Setting up new computers and joining them to networks.
- Basic server support including password resets.
- Setting up and troubleshooting of printer issues.
- Basic router configuration.
- Monitoring of proactive alerts such as backup, resource usage and hardware alerts.
- Escalation of faults to next line support.
- Taking ownership of tickets and being proactive when dealing with user issues.
- Updating documentation with system changes and new passwords.
- Ticket notes and administration including billing work outside of the contracts.
- Liaising with Field Engineers to arrange onsite jobs at client premises.
- Maintaining a high degree of customer service for all support queries.
- Being a key point of contact for clients.
- Keeping clients up to date on the progress of their support requests.
- Actively seeking customer feedback and opportunities to improve customer care.
Skills and Experience – Essential
A strong customer service focus and good communication skills are needed to provide high quality support to our clients, you will also need a basic level of logical thinking and IT diagnostic skills, so that you are able to assess and solve support requests or escalate them to 2nd / 3rd line support.
- Active Directory administration
- Windows Server 2008R2 – 2016 administration
- Windows 7 – 8.1 – 10
- Microsoft Office 2007-2016
- Basic Exchange 2007-2016 and Office 365 administration
- Understanding of networks and services such as DHCP and DNS
- Excellent communication skills over the telephone and emails and being able to communicate in ‘Plain English’.
- The ability to learn new skills and technology quickly.
- A self‐starter who is comfortable working within a team.
- Prepared to be flexible and open‐minded about all aspects of the job.
- A keen interest in computer hardware and software.
- Logical mind with good problem-solving abilities.
- Able to work under pressure in a busy environment to meet customer SLAs.
Skills and Experience – Desirable
- At least 1 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Microsoft or CompTIA Certified
- CompTIA Certified
- Desktop Imaging – Remote Software Rollout
- Anti-Virus – ESET
- Experience with legal case management software (ProClaim, etc)
- Experience with accounting software (Sage, Quickbooks, etc)
- Web/Email Filtering
- VoIP and SIP technology
- Administration of Symantec Backup Exec and similar backup programs
- WordPress Administration
- You’ll be based at our HQ in Birkenhead
- Our working week is 37.5 hours
- Salary is negotiable depending on experience
- 8% employer pension and private healthcare after qualifying period
Send in your C.V. and a supporting letter either electronically to email@example.com or by post to Recruitment, Vigo IT Solutions, The Lauries, 142 Claughton Road, Birkenhead, CH41 6EY by 5pm on Friday 17th January 2020. We reserve the right to close this vacancy early if we receive enough applications.
Once we’ve looked through the applications, we will inform you of the outcome of our shortlisting by email, whether you’ve got an interview or not – we won’t leave you sitting round wondering what’s happened to your application – you’ll know either way, because that’s the right thing to do, after you’ve taken the time and effort to apply.
Once all applicants have been informed, unsuccessful applications are only held for a period of 10 working days in order to permit feedback where requested, before being securely destroyed.
Thank you for your interest in working with Vigo IT