Wirral’s Partnership for Children, Young People and Families are recruiting an independent Chair and 8 Theme Leads to help achieve its vision to make Wirral great for children, young people and families.
The Partnership is developing an ambitious Children’s Strategy which will provide the blueprint for achieving its vision and would like to appoint passionate individuals who are dedicated and committed to driving forward the Strategy and improving lives for children and families.
Individuals appointed as Partnership Theme Leads will provide inspirational leadership for the Wirral’s Partnership for Children, Young People and Families, playing a key role in overseeing the delivery of the Children’s Strategy objectives, which are to:
- Raise aspirations, celebrate achievement and improve attainment for all children, young people and families to reach their full potential
- Empower and support families to raise healthy and resilient children and young people
- Reduce the need for children being looked after. For those that do require this, ensure they are better off as a result of being in care
- Deliver action that reduces the potential of risk or harm to our children, with emphasis on the most vulnerable families
- Ensure children, young people and their families have access to the right help and support at the right time
- Provide children with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities access to opportunity to positively contribute to the wider community
- Through the wider Wirral Partnership, improve living conditions for local families through better employment, housing, transport, leisure and safer neighbourhoods
One Partnership Theme Lead will also be appointed as an independent chair of the Partnership to lead meetings and ensure that its operation and delivery is effective and fulfilling its ambition.
Your role as a Partnership Theme Lead will be to champion and celebrate the views, aspirations and concerns of children, young people and their families, acting as an independent voice and advocate for children and young people.
You will help drive delivery of the Strategy objectives by:
- Acting as an independent voice for children, young people and families
- Exploring and identifying opportunities for collaboration between organisations and agencies
- Facilitate discussion, debate and agreement between key strategic partner organisations within Wirral including the local authority, health and police
- Bring innovation, new ways of thinking and fresh ideas
You will not need any specific expertise or qualification but an ability to motivate, drive and lead change will be essential.
You will also need to be able to demonstrate and evidence how you embrace the 6 C’s:
Please note: This is a voluntary role (although expenses will be paid) and will be reviewed after 1 year.
If you are interested in these posts, please submit an expression of interest to Melissa Berry email@example.com on no more than 2 sides of A4 paper, clearly setting out which theme you best meet and how you feel you meet requirements of the role, by Friday 22nd November, noon.