Job Description and Job Title: Finance Officer
This is an excellent opportunity for someone with experience of working in an Accounts / Finance Department to join one of the fastest growing Chambers of Commerce in the UK. A new vacancy has now arisen because of expansion and we are looking to hire a suitably experienced individual to join our Finance team. Reporting to our Head of Finance, you will assist in all areas of the Department and contribute to the continued growth of Wirral Chamber of Commerce and its associated companies.
Closing date for entries is 25th January.
Covering Letter and CV to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org, no later than 17:00pm on 25th January 2019.
Division: Finance | Location: Birkenhead
Salary: Based on qualifications and experience
Supervisory responsibilities/position in structure | Reporting to: Head of Finance
Summary of Role
- A varied role within a small, tightly-knit Finance team in a department which provides Accounting, Finance and Tax services for a number of group and connected companies.
- Assistance with month and year-end accounting duties and reporting on income and expenditure performance vs budget.
- Checking and processing large volumes of both customer and supplier invoices and maintaining the sales and purchase ledgers for several companies.
- Analyzing general ledger accounts and reconciling balance sheet accounts each month.
- Data inputting e.g. loading payments to the bank account as well as copious data handling.
- Handling card payments and cash and reconciling to EPOS systems.
- Achievement of regular and frequent deadlines.
- There are no people management responsibilities with this role.
Terms of Employment
Hours: 37.5 hours per Week | Travel: This role will be office based with some (minimal) travel required between sites.
1. Assist with varied month-end processes, including updating the GL and reconciling accounts.
2. Provide support for variance analyses of actuals vs budgets
3. Assist with preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual management information
4. Assist with controlling the level of debtors and creditors
5. Provide support to budget holders by providing regular information
6. Process and reconcile to EPOS systems including card payments and cash handling / banking
7. Input data for bank payments and posting of bank information to Sage
8. Assist with VAT returns and payroll processing
9. Assist with Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable and with the reconciliation of invoicing to the CRM system.
10. Provide support for credit control, emailing copy invoices, contacting debtors and recording all activity on the CRM / financial system.
11. Provide support for Export invoice schedules, raising Export invoices and adhering to invoicing timetables.
12. Assist with maintenance of filling systems to ensure appropriate record keeping for Audit purposes.
- To maintain confidentiality and observe data protection and associated guidelines where appropriate.
- To adhere to Company working practices, methods and procedures and to undertake relevant training and development activities and to respond positively to new and alternative systems, taking part in any consultation/feedback requests as requested.
- To co-operate with the Company in complying with relevant Health and Safety legislation, policies and procedures in the performance of the duties of the post.
- To carry out the duties and responsibilities of the post in compliance with the Company’s equal opportunities policies.
- To understand and comply with the Company's environmental policies.
- To carry out any other reasonable duties and responsibilities within the overall function, commensurate with the grading and level of responsibilities of the post.
- AAT qualified or studying towards the qualification.
- Detailed knowledge of SAGE accounting system.
- Excellent Excel modelling skills.
- Demonstrably reliable, dependable, punctual and used to meeting frequent deadlines under pressure.
- Flexible and able to multi task.
- Excellent organisational and time management skills with strong attention to detail.
- A proactive self-starter with the ability to work in a small but ambitious organisation.
- Excellent team working skills with an ability to share knowledge and best practice.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Adaptable and flexible to changing priorities.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to represent the organization externally.
- Honest and trustworthy
Time management – Ability to work to timetables, process information accurately in a timely manner.
Communication –Ability to communicate in the appropriate manner to a variety of stakeholders within an SME Managing relationships and team working - able to build and maintain effective working relationships with a range of people. Work co-operatively with others to be part of a team.
Administrative – maintain orderly filing systems and records with a clear audit trail for financial activities and outputs.
Financial Management – Understands the importance of dealing with sensitive financial information.