Job Title: Curriculum Consultant (Delivery of National Curriculum using Innovative Technologies)
Reporting to: Curriculum Manager and Deputy Curriculum Manager
Department: Curriculum Consultancy
Location: Bromborough (with travel across the U.K and occasional trips abroad)
Hours of work: Monday - Friday (08:30 - 16:30)- some flexibility on hours will be required for business needs
Salary: Negotiable, depending on experience.
Operating from the company’s Bromborough office, the role of the Curriculum Consultant is to deliver existing and develop new, high-quality workshops and CPD training to the education sector in the UK and abroad. Acting as an Account Manager to schools and educational organisations, the successful applicant will support the delivery of a bespoke strategy that explores all opportunities for the integration of innovative technologies across a range of subject areas.
Working in a fast-paced environment, the Curriculum Consultant will liaise with the Curriculum Manager and other team members ensuring expectations are met and maintained in all aspects of work. Exploring new opportunities for the company is a fundamental part of the role as new technologies are researched, resources are evaluated and existing services improved. Own transport is essential (with business insurance) due to the location of some sites.
As a teacher, the curriculum consultant will be able to utilise a wide variety of technologies including iPads, VR and robotics; bringing education to life.
- Plan, prepare and deliver classroom workshops, covering the North West region and nationally within the U.K., which may include overnight stays (prior notice will be given)
- Occasionally, workshops, projects and events may require consultants to work abroad (prior notice will be given) * Ensure all sessions are evaluated by teachers / participants and are self evaluated
- Complete an analysis of existing curriculum plans and organise staff skills audits for teaching staff to ensure they are well supported in their CPD
- Review curriculum maps to ensure high-quality, engaging material is produced that aligns with the themes and topics throughout the year
- Use available office time to plan and prepare for school-based activities
- Communicate, liaise and support with members of the school staff, including those having posts of special responsibility
- Liaise with hi-impact departmental staff members regarding any IT issues to ensure that proposed opportunities can be supported by the IT infrastructure
- Supply information for marketing content and social media campaigns as and when requested
- Plan and prepare course documentation for teacher courses and deliver in-house workshops for teachers
- Offer support across the team when required; covering colleagues during annual leave or absence and sharing workload during busy periods
- As an Account Manager, plan an effective school curriculum strategy by liaising with key personnel within each school. Assign workshops within the constraints of the Service Level Agreement to support opportunities for the integration of innovative and sustainable technologies
- As Account Manager, ensure that colleagues have the relevant information needed to plan and prepare for workshops in schools
- Ensure any and all appropriate equipment and software is booked out for workshops, liaising with the technical team where appropriate
- Ensure that calendar bookings are added to the planner accurately, updating these as any amendments are made
- Advise the Business Manager of any additional invoicing or charges as they arise (e.g. additional days / courses)
- Attend exhibitions, trade shows and/or networking events to review the latest innovative technologies, resulting in new opportunities being brought to hi-impact
- Engage in Research and Development to explore new technologies and opportunities for the company to offer to clients. Evaluate and present findings to the team and management.
- Assist with STEM projects, Space Camp or similar projects in the creation of course materials, delivery and occasional overnight stays throughout the year (prior notice will be given)
- Attend termly reviews with the Curriculum Manager, employee evaluations with the Managing Director and all staff meetings as per the company calendar
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties associated with the role. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed as assigned.
- Positively promote and work in line with GDPR requirements
- Be familiar with Safeguarding requirements as outlined in the Safeguarding Policy and comply with its requirements to safeguard and protect the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults
- Work in line with the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 and all other relevant United Kingdom and European Community Directives and Statutory Regulation
- Maintaining the company kit bag and curriculum resources
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £22,000.00 to £28,000.00 /year
- teaching: 1 year (Required)
- Bachelor's (Preferred)
- Wirral CH62 (Preferred)
- Driving Licence (Required)
- English (Required)